Underlying each of the plastic films on the market, whether for industrial, agricultural, construction or consumer product packaging, there is an extensive product engineering work that involves:
- Translate the needs of each application.
- Validate the legal requirements to which the film must respond.
- Select the combination of materials and processing techniques.
- Define the specific sequences, controls and conditions for each process.
The functionality required in the film can be classified into different characteristics groups:
- Eco-design and sustainability criteria.
- Specific mechanical properties important for the application.
- Gas permeability levels and optical properties adapted to each application.
Through the combination of materials and manufacturing processes, Plastilene Group can offer:
- High gloss surface finishes.
- Matt-looking finishes.
- Films with different levels of visible light transmission and diffusion.
- Films with UV light blocking properties in specific ranges depending on the application.
- Films with control properties of the infrared light portion
- Combination with metallic effects.
- Mass pigmentation with different single or two-colour alternatives.
- Weatherproofing and more.
Our extensive experience in designing films for applications that require durability in different weather conditions we offer:
- Design aspects focused on functionality and particular needs.
In the category of attributes of use and final disposal of the product, we have:
- Easy opening of the package.
- Ripping properties.
- Graphic designs with windows or content grading scales.
- Embossing or high friction surface finishes that allow safe stacking of goods.